Monday 27 April 2009

A Special Note From The Author

Hello

I've been asked many times why I have written a co-star into the story with special needs. I've also been asked why the character, John Simon isn't the one born with magical powers. The answer to both questions is basically the same, I wanted to deal with inclusion in a realistic way that is valuable to the reader. As a parent of a son with Downs Syndrome, I know how special they are. In the story, John Simon is able to see things that others, apart from Melie, don't see. This is not a stretch because my son Joe has been able to do this too. You can call it imagination, but to Joe, seeing people in an ancient coaching inn that I couldn't see was very real.
So when you read and hopefully enjoy the series of books 'The Magical Adventures of Melie' I am sure that you will enjoy the very real growth of all the characters.

Sincerely yours - Robert (Bob) Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.